| ||International Annapolis Summit
U.S. Naval Academy
If President Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice have their way, the map you see on the left will be the new configuration of Israel dividing Israel in half with Palestine in the middle. The minuscule state of Israel will grow even smaller than it already is after losing territory that the Palestinians are demanding.
The land they ask for, more than 95% of the West Bank, will give them sovereignty over almost all of the Christian and Jewish Holy Land Sites. In addition Israel will be reduced on it eastern border to a highly populated corridor that in some places is only 9 miles wide.
How would you defend a country only 9 miles wide?
The forthcoming Summit at Annapolis will seal the deal. It will impact history in an unprecedented way by creating a 23rd Arab state one led by the Hamas and Fatah terrorist organizations vowing to destroy Israel. The scheduled date is November 26, but the Administration has been evasive in publicizing details of the time and place. They say it will be held in the historic Naval Academy.
When will the media take notice? After the deed is done and it is too late? We feel that the media, especially in the Washington, DC-Maryland area should begin to focus on this and all of the dissension it is creating among various groups who are organized in opposition. So far the entire event has been cloaked in secrecy, while reports on private meetings and negotiations with foreign officials are being leaked.
Six rallies opposing the Summit are set to take place, one in Washington, another in Annapolis and four more across the country. The public is encouraged to participate. They are scheduled as follows:
• Sunday, Nov. 25, 2007, Noon at LaFayette Park in front of the White House and a march to the Holocaust Museum. shalom International and Coalition to Defend Jerusalem, Contact: bob Kunst 305-864-5110
• Sunday, Nov. 25, 2007, Noon at "Torch of Friendship", 3rd St. and Bisc. Blvd, in downtown Miami. Contact: Carole Flato,305-527-8137
• Monday, Nov. 26, 2007, 11 AM to 2 P.M., ANNAPOLIS, Gate 1, King George and Randall. Shalom International and Coalition to Defend Jerusalem, contact: Bob Kunst, 305-864-5110
• Monday, Nov. 26, 2007, Noon to 2 P.M., NYC, at Israeli Consulate, 43rd St and 2nd Ave.. Contact: Eva Costabel, 917-553-6042. Eva is an 83 yr. young Holocaust survivor organizing this rally.
• Monday, Nov. 26, 2007, 7P.M., Chicago Rabbinical Council doing a massive Prayer at Congregation K.I.N.S. of West Rogers Park, 2800 W. North Shore, contact: 773-465-3900
• Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2007, 11Am to 2P.M., ANNAPOLIS, Gate 1, King George and Randall Sts., Shalom International and Coalition to Defend Jerusalem, contact: Bob Kunst-305-864-5110
If the Administration were concerned about the wishes of our citizens, they would not be so secretive, or plan this event during the holidays when most people are distracted.
It is hard to imagine that our President, whose intentions appear to be to dismantle Israel, could be the same person who, early in his presidency, viewed Israel from the air. When he saw the 9-mile strip that a Palestinian state would leave Israel with, he humorously exclaimed, There are driveways in Texas longer than that!